Saturday, February 18, 2012

Master Bath

I just realized that I forgot to get a decent picture of the vanity, so I will be adding that to my list of things to do. Actually, the pictures don't really do it justice.

I think the size of the master bath might have been one of the reasons we bought our house. In an ideal world we would have the money to gut it and fix it up the way it deserves, but we can certainly work with what we have and fix things as we get to them.

Sometimes I think about going to Home Depot or Lowes and wandering the isles in the vain hope that one day I'll bump into Bath Crashers. I think they would have a field day.
 (above: pitiful picture of the vanity and shower. note: the silver surround on the shower is either spray or brush painted on....loverly)

 (above: his/hers closets. note: silver has once again been painted on, badly.)
 (above: shower. it's flipping huge. we love the size)
 (above: interesting bathroom bench. this bench was actually built around the tub. the crazy bench was then painted an awful burgundy.)
(above: toilet closet)
Master Bath To Do List:
  •  Replace scary snake like shower head with something higher and a hundred times better (Thanks awesome Benjamin Franklin plumber!)
  • Toss those ridiculous, dusty, plastic plants (check, check, checkity check-check)
  • Paint vanity and bath box
  • Make/buy new seat cushion
  • Replace crazy light fixture above vanity. Ideally I would have have an electrician come in and set it up for lighting above both sinks and not quite so high. May need to check on pricing?
  • White caulk the shower.
  • Buy and hang hand towel rack
  • Buy and hang new toilet paper holder. Ours is plastic AND spray painted. (I really don't know what the previous owners were thinking.
  • Remove wire shelving from left closet   Thanks honey!!
  • Install support bar for hanging rod (I don't think that's the right term) in left closet.
  • Be brave and take a peek decorative niches above closets and clean them if needed.
  • Purchase decorative storage baskets/boxes for above closets.
  • Change out window treatment above bath box

No comments:

Post a Comment